Are you looking to start your own blog, but can’t figure out how to choose the best blogging platform? It’s a tough choice, since there are several different blogging platforms out there. How do you find out which one is right for you? In this article, I’ll help you choose the best blogging platform.
Here are the blogging platforms we’ll be comparing in this article. If you’re interested in a particular platform, you can click the link to skip ahead in the article.
WordPress is open source software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app.Beautiful designs, powerful features, and the freedom to build anything you want. WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.32% of the web uses WordPress, from hobby blogs to the biggest news sites online.
(Note: It’s easy to confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com, which is a blog hosting service next on this list. See our guide on the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.)
• WordPress.org gives you control over every aspect of your website.
• You can grow your blog and add extra features like forums, online store, and membership options to it.
• There are thousands of free and premium themes available for WordPress. This allows you to create a beautiful website that stands apart from the crowd.
• You also get access to more than 45,000 free plugins. These plugins are like apps for your WordPress blog, allowing you to add all kinds of new features.
• WordPress is search engine friendly.
• Managing your own website comes with a bit of a learning curve.
• You will have to manage your own backups and securit
Wix is a hosted platform to build websites. It offers an easy way for small businesses to build a website using drag and drop tools. You can also add a blog to your website by adding the Wix Blog app.
• You can customize your site using dozens of templates and third party apps.
• Build your site with easy drag and drop tools; no coding skills required.
• Setup is quick and easy.
• The free account is limited and shows Wix branding and ads on your site.
• Free third party apps are limited.
• Once you choose a template you cannot change it.
• Ecommerce features are limited to paid plans, and even those features are limited.
A free WordPress.com site includes a WordPress.com subdomain, community support, dozens of free themes, basic design customization, and more.WordPress.com gives you everything you need to create anything you want.It’s flexible, secure, and powerful, just like you want your business to be.
No setup required.
Easy to use and manage.
• Limited options to extend your site.
• You cannot run advertisements on your blog.
• You do not own your blog and WordPress.com can suspend your account if they find you are violating their terms of service.
Create a beautiful blog that fits your style. Choose from a selection of easy-to-use templates – all with flexible layouts and hundreds of background images – or design something new.Get a free blogspot.com domain or buy a custom domain with just a few clicks.
• Blogger is free.
• It’s easy to use and manage without any technical skills.
• Has the added advantage of Google’s robust secure platform and reliability.
• You’re limited to basic blogging tools, and can’t add new features as your blog grows in popularity.
• Design options are limited, with fewer templates available. Third party templates for Blogger are often low quality.
• Blogger does not receive frequent updates or new features.
• Google can suspend your blog at any time, or even cancel the Blogger service altogether.
OK, above are 4 best platform to start your own blog. I am sure you can find your best .If you feel that we may missed any of the best blog maker website and should have been part of this, do let us know in the comments section below.